The Agreement applies to any registered or a non-registered patient or other user of the Services (“User”), including a doctor, therapist, or other healthcare specialist, professional or provider using the Services in connection with a healthcare-related practice or other organization (“Service Provider”).
As further described below, we collect and maintain a range of data in order to provide Services to you and maintain safe and secure Services. Access to your Personal Information (described below) is limited to (a) Hex Matrix employees and subcontractors who help with our business operations (such as to host our website platform, provide payment, billing or similar services, or perform anti-fraud functions), and (b) Service Providers with whom you elect to share information (such as a doctor).
2. Effective Date and Modifications
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
can include name and contact information, technical information, and health-related information known as “Protected Health Information” or “PHI.”
We collect a range of Personal Information and usage statistics to maintain a high-quality user experience and deliver superior customer service. We request some information directly from you during registration. We gather other pieces of data indirectly from website traffic, your computer hardware and Internet connection, or your activities within the Services, communications, and usage.
Information You Voluntarily Provide
- If you register with any Services we offer, we may collect your username and password, contact information (e.g., name, email address, address, and phone number), and payment information (credit card, etc.).
- We also collect other information you provide to the Services and the transactions you perform (e.g., Account information and preferences, content, and other materials). Note that certain content that you may provide (such as picture files) could contain associated metadata information about the content.
- We will generally store communications between you and Hex Matrix.
Information That Is Passively Collected
- We collect traffic and analytics information through the Services, such as your IP address, mobile device identifier, browser information, site usage information, use of different features and functionality, and other information that assists us in monitoring and improving the Services. Our Services may maintain log files that contain similar information regarding the use of the Services (or links in communications).
- We may collect certain types of information through “cookies,” which are described in Section 8 below.
HIPAA and Protected Health Information
To that end, before any PHI that you provide is shared with a Service Provider, you may be asked to affirmatively authorize Hex Matrix to do so. By providing such authorization, you are permitting Hex Matrix to release your Personal Information, including PHI, to those specified Service Provider(s) pursuant to HIPAA. Your authorization is entirely voluntary, but without authorization, Hex Matrix will not be able to share your information with selected Service Providers.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes as allowed by applicable law, such as to:
- Provide you with the Services, including your interactions with Service Providers and customer support;
- Comply with third-party contracts;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Services;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; or
- Diagnose or fix technology problems.
Our use of PHI is restricted as described above.
We are not in the business of selling Personal Information about our users to third parties without your consent. Parties with whom we may share your information are:
We may either employ or contract with third-party companies for the purposes of operating our Services, enhancing our Services, or fulfilling your requests (such as hosting online platforms, anti-fraud functions, billing, collections, registration, customer support, or email delivery). In order for these third-party companies to carry out their services, your personal Information and other data collected may be shared with these third party companies, but our contracts with these third parties prohibit them from using any of your Personal Information for purposes unrelated to the services they are providing to us.
Selected Service Provider(s)
We may share Personal Information (including PHI) with selected Service Provider(s) where we are authorized to do so as described above.
Government, Courts, and Law Enforcement
We may access, preserve, and share information about you, without consent, to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we in good faith believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to comply with applicable laws, to protect the property and rights of Hex Matrix, you or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to pose a risk of being, or is illegal, unethical or legally actionable. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
In the event that we receive a subpoena or other order issued by or under authority of a court of competent jurisdiction compelling the disclosure of any PHI, (unless prohibited by law) we will attempt to notify you or the Service Provider with whom you have a relationship of the subpoena or order prior to disclosing the information in order to provide an opportunity to intervene or otherwise prevent the disclosure. A Service Provider shall be responsible for any fees and expenses reasonably incurred by Hex Matrix in responding to a subpoena seeking records of that Service Provider, its personnel, or its patients.
We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
Parties with Whom You May Choose to Share Your Information
If you voluntarily share or submit any information to be shared with other parties or the public, or link it to any social media platforms or the public, that information may become available to those parties or the public.
Using and Sharing Anonymized Data
We may de-identify and anonymize Personal Information so it is no longer associated with any individual(s) in order to use it for other purposes, such as aggregating the data for statistical analysis.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Although we implement reasonable administrative, physical, and electronic security measures designed to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your Personal Information. To the extent the law of your jurisdiction allows for notification of a breach via e-mail or conspicuous posting through the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You may be able to modify certain features in your Account profile page. In addition, please note the following:
- If we offer any communications by text message, you may opt-out of receiving text messages by replying “STOP” to any text message received.
- In all promotional emails, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says “unsubscribe.” It may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request.
- Even if you have unsubscribed from receiving promotional emails from us, we may send you other types of important email communications without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them, such as announcements about the Services and administrative notices (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, technical and security notices).
RETENTION OF DATA
Information we collect may be retained indefinitely, but we may elect to only retain such information to the extent necessary for business and legal purposes. If you cease being a user, we may retain your Personal Information in the event you wish to rejoin the Services, and for anti-fraud and other purposes.
A “cookie” is a small string of data which often includes an anonymous unique identifier sent to your browser from a website’s computers, and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. These “cookies” and other similar technologies like pixels, web beacons (also known as “clear GIFs”), and local storage may be used to collect information about how you use the Services and provide features to you. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) However, if you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use our Services.
- Access your Account information when you “log in” to our Services;
- Keep track of your website session data; and
- Keep track of certain information that is then aggregated (i.e., not connected to your Personal Information), such as how you use our Services, what web pages you visit, and the frequency and length of those visits.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS
CHANGE OF CONTROL
AMENDMENT OF THIS POLICY
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. The Services and their content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Services may be embedded within, or contain links to, other websites or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the practices employed by such websites or services, including the information or content contained within them. Your use of any third-party website or service is subject to that third party’s own rules and policies, not ours.
You agree that we are not responsible for and do not have control over any third parties that you authorize to access your Personal Information (which authorization may include PHI). If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your Personal Information you do so at your own risk.
HOW TO CONTACT US